Observation: Why did God keep commanding them to listen? Because they had a hard time doing it!
Application: I MUST build time enough into my life that I can be STILL and LISTEN, not just TALK to God!
your heart as long as you live..." (4:9b).
Observation: God wanted them constantly remembering and reciting all the miracles God had done in their midst in the past. It would give them reason to celebrate and encouragement for the future!
Application: Some amazing things I've seen that I believe God doesn't want me to forget:
Personal: IN my life and family, these are some of the things my eyes have seen:
- God led me to "Tricia Greene" 18 yrs ago @ Samford University in an English Literature class!
- God gave me three healthy, beautiful children!
- God surprised us with a third child, which just so happens to be a future QB at the University of Alabama (Yes, I know he's only 3!)
- God has provided for me financially through some extremely tough financial times, since planting this church. In the mean time, we have always been able to give atleast 15% of our income back to God!
- God led me to Cumming, GA through David Putman!
- God has given me a church that I, my wife, and my kids LOVE!
Ministry: At Mountain Lake, over the last 8 years, these are some of the things my eyes have seen:
- God has moved us from a Primary School; to a High School; into a building on a 32 acres campus; into an expansion of THAT building; and toward another building now! WOW!
- Dozens of marriages healed in places where no one gave them a chance
- Hundreds of people experience financial freedom and begin to honor God in their finances
- Our Ministry Team has grown from 2 to nearly 20.
- We have become a church with multiple campuses.
- We have more volunteers today than we had people in our church in 2003.
- Over 800 people have gone public with their faith though baptism!