Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. God came down in new fresh ways @mtnlakechurch yesterday and filled people's lives for the first time, and brought fresh wind and fresh fire to many long time Christians! Long post today, but stay tuned! Here are a few reflex from yesterday:
- We kicked off our new series "New & Improved."
- I talked about Ginsu knoves, the Sham-wow, and Netflix. Believe it or not, they all DID have a tie-in to the Gospel!
- "Why are we drawn toward the new & imrpoved? I think it's because God placed that desire in us!"
- "As a matter of fact, as Christians, it's SUPPOSED to be what we're experiencing!"
- I think I helped everyone in the crowd totally relate to Nicodemus.
- Please read this excerpt, then check the message HERE on Monday.
"We're just like Nicodemus. When we're not growing like we should be we often assume one more new teacher; or one more new teaching; will make us new & improved. In actuality, we're just like Nicodemus. We don't need something new. We need to BECOME something new. We don't need new teachers or training; we need transformation. We don't need to turn over a new leaf; we need new life. We don't need new habits; we need a new heart. We don't need new doctrine. We need new DNA. DNA from above. God through Christ, must move into our hearts,take over, and make us new creations! We must be born again! Roughly 75% of Americans CLAIM to be Christians. I do not believe the percentage of people who are actually born again is anywhere CLOSE to that percentage!"
- I gave men and women an opportunity who maybe had FELT like in they had good with God, but maybe had come to the conclusion that they had never been truly born again, to pray with me.
- I then counted to THREE and asked those who believed they had just been born again to come forward, kneel, and pray.
- What happened next, felt like a dam opened. DOZENS and DOZENS and DOZENS of people came forward! I don't know how many...but trust me, it was a ton of people! Overwhelming...
- I also allowed opporitunity for long time Christians who had been "prodigal children" to return to a fresh new vibrant relationship with Jesus. I invited them to come, kneel, and return to Him. ANOTHER FLOOD OF PEOPLE CAME!
- Our stage was surrounded with tears of repentance and joy!
- In our first "New & Improved approach to ministry" announcement, I announced the END of mandatory baptism videos as a requirement for being baptized at Mountain Lake. I don't want any pastor imposed barrier to keep people from getting baptized!
- I announced "Dufflebag Day" on Sunday Oct 24. People in our church can come on that day with their dufflebags packed with a change of clothes, their family, and friends, and we will baptize them in THAT service!
- Unbelievable closing moments with the song "New Creation" while artists painted Todd Nichols' skin and made it new again and more peopel getting baptized! Symbols of life change. Symbols of fruit. All make it worth it.
- God came down @mtnlakechurch yesterday. Many will never be the same. I don't think I will be. I'm not sure our church ever will be, either. That's a good thing. Stay tuned.